Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tis the Season

I've recently received a request to update this blog every day. While I can't promise that our lives will be exciting enough to constantly update, I can promise to try to do better.

First order of business:
IT'S HALLOWEEN! Well, almost. We have/are celebrating the upcoming holiday in several ways:

(1) Ryan celebrated his 28th birthday with a costume party! Ryan and I went as Jack and Sally Skellington, and we went all out. Ryan made a paper mâché Jack Mask, I made a yarn wig and my Sally dress, and we bought a suit from Goodwill the afternoon of the party and were literally sewing it together as people got to our house. Rushed, but worth it.
EXCEPT for the fact that the only other people who dressed up were our new good friends, the Stinochers. God bless 'em.
We ate strawberry cupcakes, we played Rockband, we played Scatergories, we watched Community and Parks & Rec. A good night all-in-all.

(2) We bought candy to give to Trick-or-Treaters, but we just ended up eating all of the Kit Kats. So, I bought some more Snickers today. Bring it on.


(3) We carved pumpkins in our likeness. Well, Ryan successfully carved a pumpkin in his likeness, I forgot to give myself a face. So. yeah.


In other news, I officially have a job, but a different job than originally anticipated. Read on:
Pt. 1: Job I thought I had = Full-time, one-on-one para at Elementary School.
-arrived to school after an entire morning of orientation only to be informed that the student moved to California over the weekend ("I'd rather be dead in California than alive in Arizona!"--Lucille Bluthe)
Pt. 2: Job I now have = 3.25 hours a day, working with different students throughout the week.

Good enough.

Ryan has been sick this week, the details of which I will not elaborate upon. He is seemingly on the mend, and I anticipate a full recovery, and no H1N1 business. Phew.

I joined a gym that came with 2 free sessions with a personal trainer, and I couldn't use my arms for the next three days.

In closing:




Elementary School Fail.

4 comments:

  1. i just joined a gym and directly following my first free training session i ended up sitting on the floor of the gym's restroom very nearly vomiting. :)

    in other news, i've been missing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Girls can be doctors TOO?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, no actually. According to our established gender roles girls can only aspire to be nurses! I told my dad and he said "Oh, that's terrible! Everyone knows it should say 'When I grow up I want to be a stay-at-home mom!'"

    Ha ha, oh, Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom and I were both Nurses and Army officers so we could kill the enemy, and then resuscitate them. Isn't equal opportunity grand!

    ReplyDelete